In a lengthy forum announcement, Jared Marshall has announced the upcoming release of a Boulder City Airport and area scenery for Prepar3D v4. The scenery was developed by Ken Hall, who has previously created Catalina (KAVX) and the Papua New Guinea packs.
The Boulder City and airport have designed to be used in conjunction with either Orbx Southern California, Global Base, or Global Base + OpenLC North America. The covered area is wide enough to include Lake Mead, Hoover Dam, surrounding terrain between Boulder and Vegas up to the beginning of the Grand Canyon and down the beginning of the Black Canyon. The Boulder City Municipal Airport is a great start location for scenic flight either to the Grand Canyon or Lake Mead, or down to Las Vegas which is only 16 Nm away from the airfield.
All objects have been designed especially for the scenery in full PBR, including custom vegetation. Many landmarks and specific buildings have also been added such as casinos, golf courses, hotels, marina etc.
The screenshots included here are so far very impressive. We have selected a few for inclusion in this article. No further information has been disclosed regarding pricing and release date, however we will monitor this very promising scenery very closely.
- Meticulous depiction of Boulder City Municipal Airport, Nevada
- Hand-crafted PBR texturing for all major assets and ground poly
- Immersive and extensive coverage area, encompassing Boulder City, Hoover Dam, portions of Lake Mead, outskirts of Las Vegas and more
- The major gateway airport for tourist flights over the Grand Canyon
- Interior modelling
- Dozens of customized static aircraft, helicopters, GSE and vehicles unique to this product
- Colour-corrected coverage area at 15cm, 30cm & 1m resolution, with hand-placed autogen
- Stunning night lighting
- Tens of custom POI and landmarks
- Depiction of the old Boulder City Airport (closed)
- A short hop to other scenic destinations such as Vegas, Sedona, Palm Springs, Monument Valley and St George
- Designed for P3Dv4 to blend seamlessly with Orbx Southern California, also works with Global Base
- Painstakingly optimized for very high performance, even with high-end aircraft.
- The latest from legendary developer Ken Hall (KAVX Catalina, PNG Experience Packs)